- Lean belly pork in one piece
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 Teaspoon ground 5 – spice
- Black pepper
- Pour boiling water over the skin of pork, drain and dry.
- Rub all surfaces of meat with salt and leave to dry for 45 minutes.
- Score the skin of the pork into desired pattern,
- Pierce the meat with a skewer in several places.
- Rub coconut aminos and 5 – spice into pork, cover and leave for an hour.
- Place meat, skin side up, in a roasting pan and cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes at 230C.
- Lower the heat to 200C. cook for 50 – 55 minutes or until the pork is tender and the skin crispy.