I lav me some avocado, endless possibilities with the amazing fruit. Rich in vitamin C and E and a great source of fibre.
When I made this, I was actually craving for a quick snack……. it turned out to become a full meal and I could only eat half of it!!
Making it the second time I substituted the cream cheese with mayonnaise to try a different flavour.
Melts in the mouth, also has a kick to it from the spicy prawns. Normally have the dip with celery sticks but this mix gives a whole new level of
taste. So here it is avocado prawn cocktail boats.
- 10 raw prawns
- 2 Tablespoon cream cheese (philadelphia) or mayonnaise
- 2 Spring onion thinly sliced
- 1 Teaspoon dry pepper/ chilli powder
- 1 Ripe large avocado
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash prawns and pat dry. Rub in salt, dry pepper and 0il.
- Grill in a heated oven at 180 degrees celcius for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, add cream cheese, spring onions, black pepper and mix well.
- Bring the grilled prawns from oven, dice 4 prawns and add to cream cheese dip then mix well.
- Slice avocado in half and add dip.
- Garnish with prawns.